Dancing in the Rain

Silhouette Challenge Update

Thank you for all of the fantastic project photos you are sending to me made with the Fabric Silhouettes, I am truly enjoying your creativity! Please keep sending photos to my email edyta@laundrybasketquilts.com, I will collect all of them and create a post on the blog for everyone to enjoy next month. We will also have our drawing to find out who will receive an early copy of “Scrappy Fireworks”

It’s raining outside and I’m dancing in puddles of fabulous fabric inside!

Samples of my new collection “Dancing in the Rain” have arrived and I am enjoying the process of creating something fun for Spring Market! It always starts like puddles of color…

…and after a bit of dancing, splashing, and stomping my feet –  it slowly begins to take shape.

With a gentle touch and a bit of patience, it finally becomes the expression that I am looking for. This is one of the 3 table toppers in our new pattern “Rainy Day Trio”.

Everything in the spring looks better after rain; I glanced through the window and saw my daughter, Anna, dancing in the rain with her camera catching these beautiful blossoms.

The bleeding hearts that are in full bloom this time of year are one of my favorites.

Using “Dancing in the Rain – Layer Cake” squares I created this “Dancing Umbrella” quilt (pattern availiable mid May)  - my Mom always said, “If you can make one, you can make a dozen!” I like to think that she was referring to quilting blocks or cookies with that statement. Speaking of cookies, I think I am going to need some for an extra boost of energy to finish all of the projects I have dreamed up for the new collection “Dancing in the Rain”. I can’t wait to share all of them with you soon!

This entry was posted in Quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Dancing in the Rain

1. Karen says:

I just got back from Paducah and I found two of your patterns! They were on my to buy list and I was so glad to get them.
    Karen

2. Sharon Bennett says:

Looks like “Dancing In The Rain” will be another beautiful success! I know I will be looking forward to stitching these designs! I guess I better finish stitching what I have so I am ready when these are available!

3. janan says:

Wow you have fabulous new batiks. Love the table runner! I can hardly wait to see all the Silhouette.projects.

4. Chris Beresford says:

I feel like I just died and went to heaven……….umbrellas abound!!! I love, love, love your patterns and fabrics. Chris Beresford

5. Rita Nichols says:

I love the new quilts in dancing with the rain. You are such and inspiration. Thank you.

6. Kelli says:

Your creativity is the best! I’m finishing my challenge piece and will be sending a pic soon…hope you like it as well as I do!

7. Ginny Worden says:

How lovely, you are a wonder, able to create such beautiful designs. Thanks.

8. Cindy Lash says:

I’ve often said it to our customers: Edyta is a genius! Love your new designs!

9. martha mumaw says:

How do I send my picture of silhouette challenge , or to what email address?? please help. thank you Martha Mumaw from Minnesota

10. Wow Edyta! You are one very creative woman. I love what you have dreamt up to inspire us to greater quilting heights…I look forward to working with all your new lines! Every time I travel down to the Lancaster PA area, I make sure I buy up every piece of your lines I can find. LBQ has its own section in my stash!
    PS. Do you ever sleep?

11. Zlaty says:

Hi Edyta,
    Love your new designs! The umbrellas are so cute!
    I am finishing the silhouettes chalange, I can’t wait to get more when they are available in stores.

Happy sewing!

12. ozjane says:

I am an Aussie who saw you first on the Quilt show with Alex and Ricky…I purchased two books, a calendar and half square triangle papers…….then it was fabric…and sadly I have stash but there has been no productivity…..lots of show and tell about the purchases….however those pictures are inspiring. I have resorted to a lot of garden pictures due to the lack of sewing being accomplished and mine are Autumn at the moment. I adore that bleeding heart and the umbrellas are rather tempting as we go into winter.
    Thanks for some inspiration.

13. Maree Ratcliff says:

I just love your work. I am waiting for the “over the rainbow” fabric to come into the shops. My mind is working over time, trying to decide what to make. I think the Rainbow Star is on top of the list.

14. Becky Herron says:

This is the first time that I have checked out your website. Your books are such inspirations. I will look forward to ‘Dancing in the Rain.

15. Florence says:

Wow! That is such beautiful fabric. When is the line coming out? And will you profide jelly rolls and fat quarter packs?
    I cannot wait for the fabrics to come out.
    Thank you for inspiring us to create beautiful things.

16. Sharon Cox says:

I love the Dancing in the Rain pattern. You always inspire me. Keep up the good work!

17. Lorraine Isaac says:

I absolutely love the Dancing in the Rain fabrics, I am going to try the small umbrella topper, very inspiring, thank you

18. Carol Kistler says:

I absolutely love the Dancing in the Rain line…PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE bring back the precuts. I despirately need a layer cake and jelly roll. My most favorite line ever!!!
    Thanks!!!