Joy

The last few days have been blessed with simple pleasures bringing JOY to my day. I have finished this “Poinsettia Patch” quilt and am ready for some more holiday fun.

As I wander around trying to get some last minute shopping done, I felt a JOY to be almost done!

In a hectic pursuit to fill the wish lists, I stopped for a moment and picked up something for me. A quilters JOY for my tree.

Henry has brought so much JOY by helping to wrap gifts this season.

My daughter, Anna, hosted a Christmas party for her friends and it was a JOY to help her prepare for her guests.

Those cupcakes have brought a great amount of JOY to the girls (and myself)!

I love the JOYous time before Christmas in the kitchen, when I get to prepare wonderful recipes that my mother and mother-in-law have passed on to me.

Another tradition is to bake a lot of cookies, everyone has they favorite shapes and it brings such JOY to see my husband Mike choose the heart, me as the snowman, dolphin for Delfina, star for Anna and little Michael loves trees.

My JOY, Michael, wanted a lot of his Christmas Tree cookies this year; we baked so many!

There are also lots of JOYful hugs and Eskimo kisses.

Not to mention the chocolate Kisses that = JOY

Waiting for my flower to bloom – JOY

And just in time for Christmas, my new Winter Batik Collection “JOY” has arrived! These fabric will be available in shops this summer, with beautiful reds, greens and lights – perfect for getting you in the Holiday Spirit next year.

I will have many wonderful projects to inspire you like this JOY quilt.

Happy Holidays from all of us and we wish you a lot of JOY this season!

This entry was posted in Quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Joy

1. leeanne says:

What a JOY of a post, so pretty & happy. Wishing you a magical Christmas!

2. Julia says:

What a JOYFUL post…yummy cookies and beautiful quilts, love both quilts in this post..
    Have a wonderful Christmas!

3. Sharon Bennett says:

Beautiful pics of your home, family and cookies! Your new JOY quilt looks like something I must stitch for next Christmas! Very pretty!

4. LeAnn says:

Lovely! Merry Christmas. Thank you for sharing.

5. I’ m an 80 yr old grandpa, I’ve sworn never to make another quilt.
    However your joy in what you do may have swayed me to reconsider my position.
    I like your two quilts displayed in this JOY session might have convinced me.
    I’ve made some old traditional quilts (12).
    I digitized embr. and combined them into quits,
    I believe I’ll try your joy quilts.
    Thanks for rekindling the fires to quilt again.
    Grandpa John

6. Brenda C. from WI says:

JOYful to see your new designs. I can’t wait for them to arrive in quilt shops. Hope you and yours have a JOYful season!

7. Janan Doster says:

Thank you so much for sharing your “JOY” with us. I love your new fabrics!
    I do not have a Christmas quilt, and I certainly want to have one completed before next Christmas! I hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas.
    Merry Quilting.

8. Sue Dillon says:

What a JOYful blog! It is great to enjoy the simple and beautiful things in life. I love the Christmas Quilts. Will these be a new book, or patterns? Can’t wait to get my grubby little fingers on that beautiful fabric. Joy & Peace

9. Cathy says:

Wow, your new Christmas quilts are fabulous. I must put one of them on my to-do list for the summer, once the fabric line is in stores.

10. Teri LaVoy says:

What a joyous blog entry. I love reading blogs from my favorite bloggers and creators of such lovely items. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hugs from Oregon

11. Sue Jones says:

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

12. Signe says:

Merry Merry Christmas Edyta! Your posts and quilts bring me JOY all the year…..but this post was especially joyful! Your new fabrics and quilts are beautiful, as usual. Thank you so much for sharing your home, family and traditions with us. May the coming new year be filled with joy for you!

13. Absolutely gorgeous! A very Merry Christmas to you!

14. Rita Larson says:

Thanks for the JOY your post brought.. I took the liberty of pinning your Joy button star..with credits to you of course.

15. Sue M. says:

Your home is gorgeous and I loved the quilts. Have a wonderful holiday season.

16. Carol Sc says:

Beautiful quilts! and wonderful pictures of your family traditions! Thanks for sharing the JOY of your family and blessings to you all in the coming year!

17. Lili says:

Merry Christmas, Edyta!

18. Karen says:

What a joyful and inspiring blog this is I love your new joy quilt I plan on making this when your fabric collection is released. I hope you have a great New Year!

19. Karen M says:

What a joyful & inspiring blog I plan on making the joy quilt when your new fabric collection is released. Have a Happy New Year!

20. Ann E. says:

Edyta, you are a JOY and an INSPIRATION! Thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful quilts and home. Merry Christmas and a Happy Stitching New Year to you!!

21. Deborah says:

Lovely quilts, Edyta! And I hope you and your lovely family enjoyed a very merry Christmas. Joy to the World!

22. Tracy says:

Happy Happy Joy Joy! I can’t wait for this summer to be filled with Joy! Common Bride is done and I’m anticipating another one of your beautiful patterns to keep me out of trouble as the hubby says.

23. Lynn says:

You are such an inspiration! I plan on making two of your quilts in 2013 and I love your Quilt Show lessons!

Have a Happy New Year!

24. Dyann says:

The JOY fabrics and quilts are stunning! I will be watching for them next summer. Thank you for sharing the wonderful photos. I always look forward to your blog posts. Happy New Year!

25. Diane says:

Thanks for the lovely, JOYful pictures! I see two beautiful quilts, can we expect a new book full of JOY in 2013? Please….

26. Felicia Hamlin says:

Love all your pictures and the kitty is SWEET. I wish a very happy and successful New Year. You are so beautiful!

27. It was a Joy to see your homemade pierogi on the breadboard! My sister and I still get together to make a huge batch in mid-December, and each year we hope they will turn out as good as those our mom and Babcia made when we were young. Wishing you a Joyful New Year!

28. Marina says:

Happy New Year to you :)
    Beautiful photos!
    Many blessings from Australia :)

29. Rosalinda Call says:

Your quilts are so beautiful. I wish I had your talent. Happy New Year

30. Martha Gabehart says:

I’m always so inspired by your quilts. I hope you had a wonderful, JOYful Christmas. Please keep up the good work.

31. Ellie Shirk says:

What an inspiration you are! I will be watching for Joy this summer. I want it all!! Happy New Year!

32. Judy Hansen says:

I love the large red letters – joy – in the store picture. Could you tell me where I could buy them? Thanks! I love your Christmas quilt – it’s now on my list of quilts to make.

33. Jan Simpson says:

I have just discovered Laundry Basket Quilts. I am overwhelmed, full of joy, inspired and weeping. Thank you for your talent & beautiful quilts. I am so inspired and humbled.